Thursday, July 30, 2015

WEEK 53: July 27, 2015: Lost everything but sense of humor & testimony.



Danish Phrase of the Week: Det er væk! (Day air vayk) It is GONE.

This scripture has been my life this last week. 'The inhabitants thereof (aka Sister Van Orden) began to hide up their treasures in the earth; and they became slippery, because the Lord had cursed the land, that they could not hold them, nor retain them again.' Mormon 1:18

Do you even want to know about all of the things I have lost this week? My travel pass that gets me onto all of the buses and trains, my wallet (...again.), and my bike was stolen two days ago. Everything is fine-we figured out another way for me to travel, I can replace most of the things in my wallet-I don't think I'm going to get it back this time-and we have an extra area bike. Plus, the Elders have connections and will get me a better bike on Wednesday. But it has been insane! Literally every other day something new has gone missing! I'm still trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to learn from this one. :) When you're on a mission, you HAVE to have a sense of humor. You have no other choice.

Transfers happened! I'm back together with Sister Mattie Reed! Not my baby, but the Sister Reed I was with right after I trained Sister Vashti Reed. Woop! She's coming to be a Sister Training Leader with me! It's extra fun because this area is the area that she got trained in. So-she's coming back to her very first ward, very first apartment; she knows the area better than I do!

We got to go to the temple on Friday. It has been forever since I've been through the temple! It felt so good to go there and re-charge and feel that spiritual boost.

We had some great experiences with music this week. Sister Ripa and I made an arrangement of I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus and Love One Another-and since it was Sister Ripa's last week in the area, we sang it for basically everyone we met with. I love the way the spirit can testify to people through music.

Sorry I don't have a ton of time (again)  Transfer day is always crazy! Love you all so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment