Monday, June 29, 2015

WEEK 48; June 22, 2015: What happens when the tour guide (aka Amanda) isn't familiar with the building? Coming home to Frederiksberg for Alma's baptism! Amen - and then what?!


Danish Word of the Week: Skumfidusser (Skum-fid-oos-eh) Marshmallows. I got the package with the Graham Crackers-and we're going to be making a LOT of Smores. Tak!

Hey! We spent a lot of time this week working at the church building. It has been under renovation for the last year, and they had an open house all weekend! The missionaries gave tours to all of the guests who came, and on Saturday they had a big neighborhood party. Some of the days in the church were pretty slow-we'd be there for like three hours and do 2 tours-but Saturday was a big success. It was a little funny because at first I was giving tours of a building that I had never even seen before-sometimes it was a surprise to me what was behind some of the doors! I was like 'Aaaannnd in this room we have...our...nope, that's a broom closet. THIS is our chapel over here.'

We got to go to Alma's baptism (Aviaaja's mom) on Saturday! It was like coming home! I love the Frederiksberg Ward so much! The ward mission leader there let me give the opening prayer. What an honor. :) The baptism was such a special experience. Alma was so happy and it just warmed my heart to see her and Aviaaja smiling so big! We brought Michael, a new convert from the Gladsaxe ward, to the baptism too. His wife just got reactivated and he got baptized three weeks ago. It was a good experience for them-it helped him feel the same spirit he felt at his own baptism. It was just a great day!

Other than that-I'm still just trying to figure out where I am in this new area. :) We're going to spend a lot of time this next week finding new people to teach. We're fasting and praying to figure out how to help the members share the gospel with their friends-because the best way to find really sincere investigators is through the members of the church! In the meantime, we'll be knocking on all kinds of doors and trying to talk to everyone we can.

I can't remember if I've shared this or not, but if I have it's worth repeating. :) I can't remember who said this-if it was President Sederholm or Elder Bednar...but there's this quote-'The most important part of a prayer is 'Amen' and then what you do after that.'  I've really been trying to implement that idea. We pray like 30 times a day as missionaries. It's great, but it can also start to feel like empty words. I'm trying to keep my prayers action based. If I'm praying for an investigator-instead of just praying that they will come to church this week, I'm praying to know what I can do to help them come to church. It's been a good little project. I recommend it. :)

I love you all! I hope everyone's happy and having a fun summer! Thanks for your great examples and friendship-I'm so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment