Thursday, June 11, 2015

WEEK 46, June 8, 2015: Who Do You Think You Are? Americans are loud; Good-bye to Pres & Sister Sederholm; Book of Mormon and Families!



Danish Phrase of the Week: HVAD BIDER DU DIG IND? (Vall biller doo die in?) Who do you think you are?  This little gem comes from the Danish translation of a Jeffery R. Holland conference talk. 
            Ok-just to get this out of the way, my wallet has been found!  Danish people are way honest-and it has been turned in to the main train station in Århus. I still have to travel 30 minutes to Århus to get it, but at least I know that no one is using my mission funds to buy themselves Snickers and a new X-Box
            Lego Land was so much fun!!! It was really funny to be in a Danish amusement park-these people are so QUIET. All of us Americans were just screaming our heads off on the roller coasters and running around taking pictures while the Danes just sat pleasantly with their hands folded and cracked a smile every once in a while. It was kind of hilarious, actually. LegoLand has the largest Lego model in the world-it's an X-Wing from Star Wars. They used over 5 million Legos to build it-one piece at a time. It was huge!! Dad would have died. :)
            This week was another Zone Conference week. It was really emotional because this is the last time we'll be with President and Sister Sederholm in Denmark. They fly home at the beginning of July. It was truly incredible to see the deep, life-changing impact they have had on all of us. Their Christ-like service and love has inspired all of us to LOVE serving Christ and the Danish people. President Sederholm has always been a great example to me of hope. Hope is the assurance that God will keep His promises if we are obedient. 'I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.' He loves God, he loves the Savior, and therefore he is willing to do everything that is asked of him-with a perfect brightness of hope that the promised blessings will come. President Sederholm has helped all of us to see the hand of God in our lives and in our missionary work. He has helped me make a habit of being grateful for the promises that are fulfilled in my life every day. He has pointed me towards the Savior and helped me to realize the things that are most important: God, family, and the covenants that bind us all together.  I am so grateful that I got to serve with him! 
            This Sunday, we heard an incredible talk from Elder Holland at our Regional Stake Conference. He was in Scotland, and it was broadcasted over Scandanavia. It was all about the Book of Mormon, and as you can probably imagine, he got way passionate and laid down the law. Do we realize how important this book is?? God prepared these words for thousands of years for US to read TODAY. All of the prophets in the Book of Mormon talk about how they are writing for future generations...that's US! Mormon selected sections from hundreds of years worth of records-and chose the passages that would help US-because 'he has seen our day and knows our doings.' We need to be using this book for what it was written for. We need to be searching it every day. One of the blessings of a mission is the two hours we have every morning to study the scriptures alone and with our companion. I love the Book of Mormon! It doesn't even really matter where I read in it, I always learn something new-or look at something old in a new way. I know that that book is the word of God. It is the evidence that God speaks to a living prophet today, that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that he will return someday. The Book of Mormon tells us everything we need to know to be ready for that day. 
            On my mission, I have seen all kinds of families. I can tell you that the families that put God first and are humble enough to listen to him have more love in their homes. There is a very real, tangible difference. That doesn't mean that their lives are perfect or that they have the nicest apartments and cars-far from it. But they are protected, and they are unified. That's the kind of home I want to have someday.
            I hope you all had a wonderful week! I am so grateful for our family and for the wonderful examples and people you are. Enjoy summer! Go jump in a lake for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment