Tuesday, December 9, 2014

WEEK 17: Being a Missionary @ Christmastime is THE BEST; Please send more warm tights & socks



Danish phrase of the week: MUSIK (moo-SEEK) You don't even need the gift of tongues to figure out what this one means!

Being a missionary around Christmas-time is hands down the best thing. This is such an incredible time of year, and it's so natural to talk to people about Jesus Christ and the gift that he is to the world. Our mission is studying Christ-like attributes in Preach My Gospel right now, and it is a perfect time of year to be doing that. I am so grateful to have him as a perfect example, and a perfect friend. He is always there to help us as we work to become more like him. And as we become more like him, we receive more joy, more blessings, and more strength and perspective through our trials. It's because of him that we can be happy, become better, and return to live with our loving Heavenly Father again.

We watched Frozen-President's surprise Christmas present during zone conference-and I have never SEEN Elders get more excited about a Princess movie-or ANYTHING-in my whole life. They were SCREAMING they were so excited! I mean, the Sisters were excited too, but we were a little more dignified about it I think. :) It was so fun. But now it's not so fun because the Frozen quotes have not stopped. It's been a whole week with no end in sight. It's fine.

We had an amazing Stake Christmas concert last night. It was so well done. The chapel was packed and a couple of our investigators were able to be there as well! I sang the First Noel with Søster Reed playing the flute and we rocked it I am proud to say. It was a really really special night. I LOVE this time of year-music is such a huge part of it all and it's the best.

The work is going really well. We consistently have investigators coming to church every week, and we have had some really incredible lessons. One of our investigators had a complete change of heart this week. She has been investigating off and on for years. From reading her teaching record, it sounds like in the past she just argued a lot with the missionaries and wasn't super open to their message. But Søster Reed and I have built an awesome friendship with her over the past couple of weeks, and she told us Sunday night that she was ready to give herself the freedom to really listen to us. And she's excited about it too! It was such a miracle.

I hope you all are doing well. Christmas break is coming!!  And I'm so excited to Skype home on Christmas day! I'll figure out more details with that soon. A really sweet family in our ward invited us over to Skype at their house. So. That will be fabulous.
 
Mom! I'm so proud of you! You are an awesome lady. Saruh Jane Fenton sent me a little run-down of how the family's doing, and when she got to you she said, 'your mom is carrying on like the amazing goddess that she is-' and I thought that that sounded pretty accurate.  Thanks for always being such a great example to me...and to everyone. All the time.

Okay-when that temple open house happens, INVITE THE WORLD! Miracles are happening in Fort Collins :)

It sounds like the studio is doing well too. It looks like a fun season! It's so awesome what you do with those kids. I've talked about it with a couple of my companions-and they all think it's such a great thing. Theater at a young age can either be competitive and catty, full of crazy stage moms, and tear down your confidence and make it so that you never want to do another play ever again for the rest of your life (that's what our Søster Training leader had to say about it); or it can be fun and uplifting and give kids a chance to realize that they can do hard things. I feel like you do such a great thing with providing that opportunity for the community to come together and just have a great experience. It's awesome.  YAY MOM.

So Søster Handley took my camera charger home with her I'm pretty sure, so my camera has been dead for the last couple of weeks. I'll try to see if I can find one here, but I'm not sure if I can. Also, warm tights and warm boot socks are always a good idea. Other than that-I'm pretty well taken care of out here :)

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
I get to Skype you all on Christmas day! That's coming up! I'll be Skyping at a member's house starting at 3 pm our time - so I'm not sure what time that would be for you...but we'll get more details about that as it gets closer. YAY! [Notice she said this twice; she must be looking forward to it.  So are we!]

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif I seriously love you all so much. I miss you and pray for you all every day! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment