Sunday, November 22, 2015

WEEK 68, November 9, 2015; Short and Sweet with pictures!



Danish Word of the Week: AT SKRIVE (at SKREE-vuh) TO WRITE

'Vi kan stadig nå en JuleDåb! I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!' (We can still have a Christmas Baptism! I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!) -Our enthusiastic bishop

'Are you happy? I won't be happy unless you're happy. Don't do it for you, do it for me.' -
Our peppy district leader Ældste Jensen. We love him.

Found these in the garbage. We were like WHY WOULD ANYONE THROW THESE AWAY. And then we smelled them and we're like. OH. THAT'S WHY. #dumpsterdiving #dontjudge #europeanhygiene

Sometimes I sit here in front of the computer forever just wondering what to write to all of you. It is so hard to describe and put into an email all of the things that happen in one week. I feel like I always talk way too much about some things, and then don't do other things justice. There are so many things that happen! And then aside from all of the things that happen schedule-wise, there's all of the things I learned in personal study, and then there's all of the things I learned from the people we talked to, and then there's all of the other stuff like knocking for 2 hours and not finding anyone and trying, yet again, to learn how to feel love for people who aren't nice to me. Sometimes I'm good at that, and other times it still gets under my skin. 

So I don't really know what you all like to hear about.

I guess they're home!

 The Christmas concert is going well! We spent a big chunk of time on Saturday finding sheet music. I am just going to say right now that I am so grateful for all of the blessed musically talented members who just put their beautiful arrangements on the internet for people to use for free. Seriously, I love them. FreeLDSSheetMusic.org is my favorite website right now. It's going to be good! It's also sneaking up on us really fast, SURPRISE IT'S IN THREE WEEKS!

Michael is still wonderful, but he doesn't have a baptismal date anymore. He decided that after he broke up with Genesis that he needed a little bit of time to think about his life, but he still wants to meet with us and come to church and stuff. He was like,'I'm making a new life for myself, and the church is a big part of my life, so it doesn't make any sense to just give up.' I love that man.

We had a great lesson in Sunday School which actually turned into a conversation about the changes in church policy regarding the baptism of children whose parents are gay or lesbian. Mom, thanks so much for the articles you sent. I sent them forward to some of the members in the ward. I just want to say that I know that the church is guided by our Heavenly Father, who knows and loves all of his children. The first presidency of the church cannot lead the church astray. If they did, they would be 'removed from their place.' I understand why people are freaking out, and I'm really grateful I don't have a Facebook right now-but I know that everything will work out. I believe that this decision was inspired by a God who has his childrens' best interests at heart. We can always pray and take our questions to him.

I hope you all are doing well. I love you lots! Have a wonderful week!!



A very long train ride
A secret bunker we found!

Showed up to a dinner appointment soaking wet so the member let us wear her pjs while our clothes dried. 





No comments:

Post a Comment