Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WEEK 41; May 4, 2015: How Old is My Testimony?


Danish Words of the Week: 
MOR-(more) Mom
FAR- (far) Dad
SØN-(soon-but the 'oo' is like in book) Son
DATTER-(dat-ter) Daughter
BROR- (broar) Brother
SØSTER- (sooster-with the 'book' sound again) Sister!

I'm staying another transfer in Horsens with Søster Perkins! YES.

Also, we can Skype at 4pm our time, so that would be 8am in the USA! We only have an hour this time. This might sound kind of dumb, but I think we should all plan out some things we want to say/ask about so that we don't waste time wondering what to talk about...and then realize after the phone call that we forgot to ask important questions. Deal? I'M WAY EXCITED TO SEE ALL OF YOU! And the new house. That will be fun too. 

I don't have a ton to say about this week, actually. We went on an extra splits with a companionship in our Zone because they've been having a lot of struggles in their area. It's been really hard on them, but it was inspiring to be with them and to see how hard they're trying. I felt a taste of how much Heavenly Father loves them and is so grateful for the work that they do. The Lord knows and loves His missionaries. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to do my little part in helping these amazing women feel God's love and stay hopeful.  

Our Bishop bore his testimony yesterday and asked us all to ask ourselves- 'How old is my testimony?' He said, 'I had an experience last week that made me stop and think. I've been active in the church for 25 years, I come to church every Sunday, but am I walking around with a 25 year old testimony? Or is it being renewed every day? How old is my testimony?'  It reminded me of that General Conference talk where Gerald Causse asked, 'Is the gospel still wonderful to you?' I hope it is! 

You all are wonderful. I feel so blessed to have such a great family. Thanks for everything you do and for the great examples you all are. Have a great week and VI SES PÅ SØNDAG!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment