Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WEEK 26: New Area and New Reponsibilities! P.S. I also live in a CASTLE!



Danish Word of the Week: VI SES! (vee sees)  See you later! This is what I said to everyone in Frederiksberg because it was too sad to say goodbye!

Family! I transferred! Oh man this is the weirdest feeling. This morning I made it to my new area-a city called Horsens. It is absolutely beautiful here - we live in a building that I seriously thought was a CASTLE when I first saw it. But then my new companion-Søster Barrett was like, nope, that's our HOME! I live in a castle. Pictures will follow. Next week.

Other crazy thing about this transfer, I'm a Sister Training Leader now. That's the Sister version of a Zone Leader. That means that I get to go out on splits with all of the sisters in the zone every transfer and teach little sections of zone training every month. I'm excited!

Søster Barrett is going home before the end of this transfer (she extended her mission but she could only stay in the country for an extra 30 days instead of a full transfer), so that means that I'm going to have to learn this new area and the STL thing really fast before she leaves me! Craziness!

That being said, it was really, really hard to say goodbye to Copenhagen! My home!! But our district finished out the week strong. The Elders had a baptism on Saturday and one of our investigators was able to come watch. It was a really special experience. This last week was full of a lot of goodbyes-it was definitely bittersweet. I am so grateful for all of the people that I love and everything I've learned from them, and I'm of course sad to leave that behind. But on the other hand I know that there are even more wonderful experiences waiting for me.

But, before I left, we were able to set a baptismal date with one of the investigators I've worked with since the beginning of my mission. She is Brazilian and she actually took a break from meeting with us for a couple of months so that she could go to Brazil for Christmas and New Years. Last Tuesday, I felt prompted to change our plans a little bit and stop by her. It had been about 2 months since we had had any contact with her. She didn't let us in that night, but she told us to come back on Friday. We came back of Friday and she told us that the day we stopped by she had just been praying that she would find out what she was supposed to change in her life to find more happiness. She said that she realized that she missed the spirit the missionaries used to bring into her home. She was thinking of calling us to invite us back over, but then we came over on our own! She believes that was a sign that God heard her prayer.  We were just grateful that we were in tune enough with the Spirit to change our plans and stop by her! Anyways, she's just wonderful and she wants to be baptized March 21st. YAY.

I love you all so much! I'm sorry that I don't always have time to write back to each of you individually. Know that I read all of your emails every week and am just so grateful to hear how you're doing. You strengthen me more than you know! :)


Hi mom! sorry I have been so bad at emailing lately. The time goes by so fast and we have to write our mission president and do a bunch of other random stuff. So anyways. That's why.  It sounds like everything is going well! I'm so glad the shows are going to be fun and that you're working with Dulcie a little bit!! Say hi to her for me :)

I'm a Sister Training Leader now. I'm excited and nervous for this. I've only been in the country for 6 months-this is only my second area-and it's a lot of new responsibility! I hope I can be a good example to all of the sisters in my zone-and learn this new area and how to do zone reports and organize splits AND be a good missionary on top of it all! One of the elders in my district gave me a blessing before transfers. Søster Reed got one too. She's training a brand new missionary this transfer :) They are going to do wonderful things in Frederiksberg. 

But anyways, the blessing helped calm my nerves a lot and it just let me know what I need to personally focus on. We talked a lot in zone training last week about making sure that we are personally converted to the gospel before we try to help others become converted. The Sister Training Leaders shared the analogy of helping others into a boat vs. jumping into the with them and trying to push them into the boat. It's much easier to be in the boat yourself and pull others up than to jump in the Water and struggle with them. We have to make sure that our own testimonies are being cared for every day before we can ever hope to help anyone else. That's basically what my blessing talked about. It reminded me to take care of my testimony and to focus on the little daily things I can do to stay close to God so that I'll be able to help others.

Also, mother, I have had THE WORST LUCK with cameras so far on my mission. My SIM card got stolen, I lost my charger, and now my camera is completely broken. Every time I take a picture it gets all distorted and there are weird lines all over it. I've tried every trick I know besides actually taking it in to a shop to get it looked at-but basically I have no camera now. I hope you've all been getting sufficient Pictures from me mooching off of my companions for the last 6 months :) I don't really know what to do about this, but just so you, know that's the situation.

I love you! Thank you for everything you do. You're a nice lady. :)
Have a good week and have fun with the SHOWS! I wish I could be there.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment