Tuesday, December 22, 2015

WEEK 73; December 21, 2015: So many feelings! Finishing Christmas Firesides, Filming Musical Numbers, and P-day at the Beach in our PJs!



Danish Word of the Week: Skype! oh. wait. They stole that from English. I love it when they do that.

I'm so happy!  We had our last concert last night, and it went amazingly well! This whole week has been incredible. Word got around that the firesides were really good, so we had full houses every night with lots of members and guests!
This is after our concert in Fredericia


It has been so special to see this whole thing come together. Everyone is so incredibly talented. It was amazing to see how not just our musical talents, but our personalities worked together and were used. Every single member of this district was there for a specific reason. The spirit we have felt every day has been unlike anything I've felt my entire mission. We were all so happy, fulfilled, relaxed, and so enjoyed being missionaries in this way. It was exactly what we all needed. More than that, I know that it is exactly what the members needed! This was such a great missionary tool for them! I can't even express how grateful I am to have had this opportunity


A major miracle that happened - Our ward mission leader in Esbjerg runs a tv station
 We called him and asked if it would be
Recording in the film studio
possible for us to come and record some of our songs in his studio so that we could have some high-quality videos to put out on YouTube. He said yes, and we got to record not just some, but ALL of our songs. He had 4 cameras running so he can edit the footage and work in some fancy shots from all different angles. His brother is a sound guy who came and made sure we sounded good, and they did all of this for free. I was blown away that he would do that for us on such short notice in the middle of the Christmas season. He's getting some way good Sister Missionary Christmas Cookies this year. No seriously, we're going to get him something nice.

 
I am so excited for Christmas! I'm excited to be back in my area. I'm so excited to not live out of a suitcase and to actually wash my clothes in a washer that WORKS (long story), and for my last 3 weeks as a missionary. I could not have picked a better way or a better time to end my mission. God loves me! 

We had a Christmas Zone Conference and we watched Inside Out!  That movie.  So many feelings!  I was like - This was me in California!!  Everyone cried. Elders cried.  President cried and he's seen it 3 times now! 



For Skype, we will be calling at 4 pm Denmark time, so 8 am Idaho/Utah/Colorado time. I hope that works for all of you! Sorry it's a little early on Christmas morning, but like, am I not the best present ever?  

I love you all so much! Drive safe to Idaho and hug everyone for me!

P.S.  I'm really proud of this outfit. We all realized that we didn't pack any P-Day clothes, so we ended up going to the beach in our PJ's.    

For P-Day we went to the northernmost tip of Denmark. It's a city called Skagen. The cool thing about this place is that this is the point where the North Sea and the Baltic Sea meet. You can see the waves from the two seas crashing into each other off the coast. 
We had so much fun playing on the beach!

 The Seesters! 



No comments:

Post a Comment